There are several directions from which you can reach Wartook Gardens:
- From Adelaide travelling on the Western Highway or Dukes Highway via Horsham
- From the Great Ocean Road (12 Apostles) either travelling on the Henty Highway towards Horsham or up through Dunkeld and via Halls Gap
- From Melbourne travelling through Pomonal and via Halls Gap or continue up the Western Highway via Dadswell's Bridge
Directions to Wartook Gardens
Map of the Grampians National Park (including Wartook Valley) and surrounding towns
From Adelaide - via Western Highway
- Take the Western Highway to Horsham. Continue through Horsham for a further 18 kilometres where a large sign will direct you towards Wartook. Wartook Gardens is situated 28 kilometres from the Highway turnoff.
- Take the Dukes Highway to Keith. For a more interesting trip, take the Naracoorte Rd through Padtheway (Wine Area) and continue on until you reach the Border Town turnoff. Turn left onto the Bordertown Rd for 8km, and then turn right to Frances. Continue to Goroke and past Mount Arapiles (easy access for a great view from the top), through Natimuk to Horsham. From Horsham - follow directions as above.
From Bendigo or via Bendigo from NSW
If coming down from NSW, you will most likely come down the Hume Highway via Albury / Woodonga. About an hour south of Woodonga, head West and follow the signs through to Bendigo.
The Most Direct:
- From Bendigo take the road to Marong, then turn off to St Arnaud, Navarre and Stawell.
- From Stawell you have the option of travelling to Wartook Gardens via Halls Gap and having a look at some of the attractions on the way
- From Stawell proceed along the Western Highway towards Horsham and then:
- Near Dadswell's Bridge turn onto the Roses Gap Rd and proceed through to Wartook and then left to Wartook Gardens.
- Beyond Dadswell's Bridge (near 270km post) follow Wartook sign onto Wonwondah-Dadswell's Bridge Road. At the Northern Grampians Rd intersection, turn left and continue through Laharum and Wartook to Wartook Gardens.
If Time Permits:
- A more interesting route with a chance to see some things of interest along the way:
From Bendigo proceed to Castlemaine and follow the Pyrenees Highway through Newstead (if time permits, via Maldon – a delightful Historic town of great interest) to Maryborough. Continue on through Avoca and maybe visit a winery en route to Ararat. From Ararat take the road to Halls Gap via Moyston and Pomonal before continuing on to Wartook Gardens.
Great Ocean Road / 12 Apostles
We are two and a half hours from Warrnambool and the Great Ocean Road.
- Drive up to Dunkeld, and then through the Grampians to Halls Gap. This road takes you through some wonderful mountain scenery. From Halls Gap, take the Horsham Road to Wartook Gardens.
- Drive up to Hamilton and continue along the Henty Highway, North to Brimpaen where a large sign indicates the Wartook turnoff. Continue to follow the signs to Wartook and Wartook Gardens. This is a lovely drive to do in the late afternoon - with the sun on the Western side of the Grampians.
From Melbourne - via Western Highway
Take the Western Highway past Ballarat to Ararat.
- Turn off towards Halls Gap through Moyston and Pomonal. Upon reaching Halls Gap, take the Horsham Road to Wartook Gardens. We are 28 kilometres from Halls Gap. Look for a large, blue and white, "B&B" sign.
- Continue up the Western Highway, through Stawell and Dadswell's Bridge. Approximately 10 kilometres beyond Dadswells Bridge, turn left at the "Zumsteins / Wartook" turnoff - Large sign on edge of highway. Keep following sign posts to the Wartook Valley and Wartook Gardens.